6 Travelling Tips + Packing for New York City

3.12.16




📷  - @cripixt

This week I wanted to do something a little different. I am actually heading away to New York and Canada this year for 5 weeks over Christmas and New Years! This year I have done quite a bit of traveling, and through my experiences, I wanted to share with you some tips! Hope you enjoy ;)


1. Create a packing list!
Write down everything you want to pack before you start packing to make your life much easier, and also tick off the things you have packed as you go.

2. Pack your bags in advance!
Especially when I am going overseas I love to pack a week or two in advance to reassure that I have everything I need! This year I have done quite a bit of traveling (travel posts to come soon!) and packing way beforehand means I feel reassured that there is nothing to worry about and nothing is left behind!

3. Clean your room before you leave!
Leaving my room clean before I go, not only makes the feeling of coming home to a clean room after a flight amazing but also it makes running around frantically trying to find things before you leave easier and less stressful!


4. Wear comfortable clothing during your flight! 
Wearing comfortable clothing on a flight means you can relax and generally be in a better mood. I like to wear something that is also a little formal but still super comfortable particularly on long flights! 

5. When you arrive at the airport and are going through security, stay calm!
When getting to security it can be a little overwhelming, with all the security guards and unfamiliar machinery! If you are responsible for taking care of the passports and tickets I definitely recommend a passport holder. Remain calm and move at your own pace and also ask questions if you are unsure, that's what the security guards are for (and also to keep you safe). After you pass through security,  CONGRATULATIONS, You made it pass security! Now you can grab yourself something to eat or drink, I love to watch Youtube or read a book before a flight to get me in a calm mood before I board.
Here is the passport holder it has 3 sections and perfect for holding all your travel essentials!
Kikki K - $39.95

6. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight!
If you are anything like me and do feel a little anxious when boarding, taking off, landing, and the flight itself, I love to become familiar with the safety instructions so I know what to do in the unlikely event of an emergency. I like to bring books, my phone and other small things to immerse myself in during the flight to distract myself from what is going on around me. If the flight does contains in - flight entertainment I love to watch a movie or t.v. series before and during take off (also during the flight of course) also as a distraction. If you start to feel anxious, take deep breaths and reassure yourself that you are in capable hands and you and everyone else is going to be ok. I love sitting by the window and looking at the clouds and sea, thinking about the end result, where I am going and what I am going to be doing!



📷  - Ingrid Nilsen

I hope you enjoyed this weeks post and it helped lots of you when it comes to traveling! I love traveling and as a lifetime goal I would love to travel all over the world! It is definitely an incredible experience to learn new cultures and ways of life!

Have a great week!

Luella Teen x

You Might Also Like

0 comments